Every camera we sell is vigorously inspected by our team. Our ten-part inspection method includes the following checks:
- Lens – we check for any mould, dust, haze, dirt, cracks and air bubbles. Where possible we clean/remove any imperfections – any remaining are noted.
- Zoom – we inspect both manual and power zoom work smoothly. Any issues are noted.
- Focus – we check that manual focus is smooth and works well. If automatic focus is included as a feature that is also checked.
- Motor / Claw – we check that the motor runs smoothly at all advertised speeds and that the film claw has sufficient torque to advance film.
- Filmgate – this is inspected and any dirt or hair is removed.
- Lightmeter – the lightmeter is inspected to ensure it automatically reacts correctly to light. Manual aperture control and/or backlight is also checked if included as a feature.
- Viewfinder – we inspect for mould, dust and haze or damage. Where possible we clean/remove any imperfections – any remaining is noted.
- Battery terminals – we inspect for rust/corrosion, cleaning and repairing where needed.
- Body – where possible we clean any imperfections. Any remaining cosmetic damage is noted.
- Additional Features – all additional model specific features (such as timelapse or crossfade) are checked for functionality.
Unless specifically mentioned in the product description, all items sold through our website have passed the above inspection, are fully working and come with a full 60 day warranty – we believe this will give you enough time to test the product for yourself to ensure you’re happy with it.
If your purchase develops a fault during this period we will, at our sole discretion, service, replace or refund you for the item (excluding postage charges). This warranty does not cover any issue arising from fair wear and tear, willful or accidental damage, negligence or any authorised alteration or repair carried out without our prior written approval.
We get it – Christmas or a birthday is coming up and you want to get in early to order a present but want to ensure your warranty is extended to start when the gift is given. That’s cool with us, for birthdays please email us when ordering to request an extension, telling us when you’d like it to start. Any camera purchased after 10th November will be eligible for extended Christmas returns until 5th January.
I don’t like my item
That’s okay! Unless specifically mentioned, we offer a no-quibble 30 day returns policy on all our products. Simply wrap the product back up to ensure it isn’t damaged during transit and post it back to:
Big Yellow Storage
8-9 Rodney Road
Once we’ve received the item back, we’ll inspect it to make sure it’s been received back in the same condition as it was sold then promptly refund you minus any postage costs. We try our best to process returns as quickly as possible but in peak times it can take 2-3 working days.
Please note that on some items, such as goods sold for spare parts or repair, we don’t offer returns. These items are clearly marked.
I don’t think my item is working / my item arrived damaged
Oh no! We’re really sorry to hear this – we’re filmmakers too and know how frustrating this can be. Although it’s rare, sometimes items can become damaged during transit. Please do not return the item back to us until you’ve gotten in touch so we can make sure that the item is definitely faulty – you would be surprised how often problems can be resolved over the phone or via consulting the manual Once you have contacted us, we’ll work with you to resolve the problem quickly and fairly. We may ask for photos of the item so we’re able to diagnose the problem or claim money back from the courier. We’ll provide you with a returns label (or if that’s not possible, cover the cost of returning the item).
I’ve received the wrong item
Yikes! This hasn’t happened yet but in the unlikely scencerio it does, get in touch and we’ll resolve things ASAP for you. We’ll cover returns postage costs and make sure you get what you originally ordered!